Tuesday 21 January 2014

JUKEBOX 7"S PLAYLIST - FRIDAY 17th JANUARY 2014


The second Jukebox 7”s night at the Elixir Bar in NW1 last Friday was good fun, not least for Long John McNally, Miles Macleod, Elliott Marmaduke Jones and myself who got to play a pile of our favourite records, drink ourselves into a stupor, and listen to a geezer with tattooed hands tell us about his mate Eric Burdon and going to see The Animals at The Downbeat Club in Newcastle. 

As before, the idea was to not be too obscure but play a mix of stuff to create what one might hear on a particularly well stocked jukebox. I think we achieved that. My contribution is listed below. Have very little recollection of that final set bar The Smiths and Glen Campbell so this list is as much for my benefit as yours.

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
The Staple Singers – Respect Yourself
James Brown – Dooley’s Junkyard Dogs
The Flying Burrito Brothers – Older Guys
The Byrds – Mr Spaceman
The Stairs – Weed Bus
Five Thirty – Abstain!
Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers – Born To Lose
Buzzcocks – Promises
Birdland – Hollow Heart
Bob Dylan – From A Buick 6

T.Rex – Born To Boogie
New York Dolls – Jet Boy
The Cure – Why Can’t I Be You?
Siouxsie & The Banshees – Spellbound
Adam & The Ants – Xerox
13th Floor Elevators – You’re Gonna Miss Me
Outsiders – Touch
Mouse & The Traps – Beg Borrow and Steal
Leroy Van Dyke – It’s All Over Now Baby Blue
The Boo Radleys – Wish I Was Skinny
Manfred Mann – If You Gotta Go, Go Now
The Who – Doctor, Doctor

The Choir – It’s Cold Outside
The Smiths – Handsome Devil
The Seeds – Pushin’ Too Hard
The Jam – Heatwave
The Byrds – Feel A Whole Lot Better
Shrag – Rabbit Kids
The Vapors – Turning Japanese
Suede – Metal Mickey
Bob Dylan – Subterranean Homesick Blues
The Housemartins – Sheep
Manic Street Preachers – Show Me The Wonder
The Redskins – Turnin’ Loose (The Furious Flames)
The Impressions – This Is My Country
The Kinks – Waterloo Sunset
The Action – Since I Lost My Baby
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles – Tears Of A Clown
Sex Pistols – God Save The Queen
Glen Campbell – Wichita Lineman

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, like you cracked open my head (or more realistically my iTunes folder)! "Weed Bus", wow, takes me back to playing football in the parking lot of a dive club on a Sunday night with Jed and Chas Smash when The Stairs toured the States!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like a match I'd have liked to have seen!

      Delete